I completed the Global Reading Challenge with a few weeks to spare. I only took on the easy level this year, meaning one book for every continent, and that was the right level for me. I could spend enough time trying out books set in different countries without feeling like I was scrambling to meet the requirements. For my “seventh continent” I chose a historical crime novel.
And here are my reads. I’ll save my favorite reads of the year for a separate post.
1. Gunshot Road by Adrian Hyland (Australia)
2. All She Was Worthy by Miyuki Miyabe (Asia)
3. Only the Dead by Vidar Sundstol (South America)
4. Devil’s Peak by Deon Meyer (Africa)
5. Red April by Santiago Roncagliolio (South America)
6. Don’t Look Back by Karin Fossum (Europe)
7. Present Darkness by Malla Nunn (Seventh Continent- historical)