I’m pretty happy with all the crime novels I reviewed this month, which is a rare occurrence. Here’s a brief recap for the month:
- A Cold and Lonely Place by Sara J. Henry- Second in a series about freelance journalist Troy Chance in upstate New York. Okay read.
- The Devil’s Star by Jo Nesbø- Not my favorite Nesbo, but I’m a fan of the series overall.
- Guilt by Jonathan Kellerman- I’m a longtime reader of this series, and this was a good but not great addition.
- Needle in a Haystack by Ernesto Mallo- It’s about Argentina under the military junta, where the police are asked not to investigate murders committed by the military.
- The Crossing Places by Elly Griffiths- Ruth Galloway is my favorite character I read about this month.
My favorite book by far this month is Needle in a Haystack, and I’m looking forward to reading the next book in the series, Sweet Money.
Please visit Mysteries in Paradise for a collection of Crime Fiction Picks of the Month.